- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 5 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- Freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 lb. bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/3 c. plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, hot oil. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, 3 to 4 minutes, then throw and sear three minutes more
- Meanwhile, in a 6-quart slow-cooker, toss potatoes with olive oil, butter, garlic, and thyme. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Add chicken to slow cooker and toss gently, then encompas and cook on high for 4 hours or low-pitched for 8 hours, until potatoes are tender and chicken is fully cooked .
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve.